It’s 2pm and I’m sat waiting for MrH to say it’s time to go.  Earlier today I got a sudden attack of nerves, almost panic. I didn’t know what to pack. I didn’t know what to expect. It feels like such a long time since we went away to this hotel and this is where MrH feels most relaxed and able to play.

We stay in a suite of rooms. It’s our little spoil. We stay dinner, bed and breakfast (half board) and the food there is awesome.

We usually have a balcony, there’s a living room area and the bedroom. A bathroom with separate shower cubicle as well as a nice long, deep bath (also with a shower attachment), and a separate loo.

It’s an amazing hotel.  We haven’t been since November last year, 5 months… it feels longer.

I couldn’t believe how nervous I felt. I blurted out that I needed I some instructions. I needed to know what to pack and I didn’t know. I didn’t know how to plan my time as I didn’t know when we were leaving .

He said half past 2 and I should pack my clothes and he would pack everything else. This was unusual. Normally I pack. But I went with it and got myself ready.

We set off just after 2 as we were all packed and hit traffic. What should have taken 30 minutes took over an hour. We didn’t allow for bank holiday traffic. The road we take (the M6) is the north south motorway that joins Birmingham and Scotland. From this road you can get to some of the main seaside resorts (Southport and Blackpool) and further north the beautiful Lake District. Unfortunately this meant there had been some accidents and the sheer volume on the road caused delays.

As we sat in the car my anxiety rose again.

We arrived just after 4 and we went to the room and unpacked. I asked MrH if he had packed the mats. He hadn’t. So we used the towel bath mat, the shower mat on top and two towels in top just in case. I plaited my hair and stripped to my underwear.

MrH changed my collar and play began.

He made sure my legs remained bent and he didn’t tie me down as he usually would.

After we watched TV, we snuggled and relaxed. We needed it.

We didn’t do rope work, or impact play. MrH didn’t feel like it and in all honesty I was happy to just be together away from the outside world.

We woke up at 6am then fell back to sleep until 8. That in itself is very unusual for MrH. We had breakfast and then headed home.

In all we had a great time.

You may also like...


  1. So glad it went well! Your anxiety was pushing you to overthink things!

  2. […] had a good reset in Months. One thing or another has meant we haven’t been to our hotel since April and boy is it […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.